The Comité International
d'Histoire de l'Art (CIHA) has as its aims:
- To develop the historical and methodological study of artistic
activities and productions.
- To ensure permanent links between art historians of all countries.
- To stimulate international
meetings of art historians.
- To stimulate and co-ordinate the dissemination of information
about research undertaken under the aegis of CIHA.
- To disseminate information and publicity about art historical
activities world-wide: conferences, publications, research projects
- To study means of improving methods of teaching and research,
and of increasing the research resources available to art historians:
data bases, bibliographies, photographic and iconographical documentation,
- To serve international co-operation in the sense defined by
(Taken from the Statutes)
History of CIHA
By Thierry Dufrène